Call for Pitches – “How To” Content
Guidelines for how to pitch to NewMusicBox.
NewMusicBox is doing an open call for pitches of “how to” content for publication online in 2022! The deadline to submit has been extended to January 31, 2022.
We’re looking for original material that offers significant value and takeaway benefits for the new music community. We’re excited to share special knowledge that will uplift others!
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Using specific software tools (notation, DAW, etc.),
- Writing for specific instruments/voice-types
- Practical matters such as concert production, PR, recording demos, etc.
- Online music presentation/distribution
We’re accepting pitches for:
- Short videos
- Hybrids of prose, audio, video and anything else!
All published content will be remunerated.
- Article prices range from $200-400 depending on length and the level of research.
- Video prices range from $150-300 depending on length and level of production work.
- Hybrid presentations will be assessed and remunerated on a case–by–case basis.
Send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: “PITCH FOR HOW-TO ARTICLE ON NewMusicBox” clearly marked. The deadline to submit pitches has been extended to January 31, 2022.
Please submit pitches along with 2 samples of previously existing work in the same format as that of the proposal you’re submitting.
We highly recommend reviewing previously published “how to” content here.
Pitches should clearly and concisely convey the idea you plan to write about and why it matters. The best pitches display that you have deep knowledge of the topic, that you have an unmistakable sense of the angle or insight you plan to pursue, and that you can demonstrate all of that in only a couple of paragraphs. Pitches should also be written in the style you expect to approach the topic.
Submissions to NewMusicBox should be topical and relevant to our publication and follow accepted standards of digital communication. All submissions are subject to a moderation process that verifies material is appropriate and topical. The Editorial Team screens all incoming submissions and may reject manuscripts without further review, or review and reject manuscripts at any time in the editing/reviewing process.
Authors are expected to self-submit.
You will be contacted by an editor if your pitch is accepted. We plan to respond by February 2022 so thank you in advance for your patience as we carefully review submissions.